Case of the Month #24: Long Covid by Dr Angeline Lee
- National Institute of Health and Care Excellence. COVID-19 rapid guideline: managing the long-term effects of COVID-19. 2022. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng188/resources/covid19-rapid-guideline-managing-the-longterm-effects-of-covid19-pdf-51035515742 (accessed 7th Dec 2022)
- Office for National Statistics. The prevalence of long COVID symptoms and COVID-19 complications. 2021. Available at:https://www.ons.gov.uk/news/statementsandletters/theprevalenceoflongcovidsymptomsandcovid19complications (accessed 7th Dec 2022)
- Office for National Statistics. Self-reported long Covid after infection with the Omicron variant in the UK: 18 July 2022. Available at: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/selfreportedlongcovidafterinfectionwiththeomicronvariant/18july2022 (accessed 7th Dec 2022)
- Wolf S, Zechmeister-Koss I, Erdös J. Possible long COVID healthcare pathways: a scoping review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2022 Aug 23;22(1):1076. doi: 10.1186/s12913-022-08384-6.
- Aiyegbusi OL, Hughes SE, Turner Get al. Symptoms, complications and management of long COVID: a review. J R Soc Med. 2021 Sep;114(9):428-442. doi: 10.1177/01410768211032850.
- Crook H, Raza S, Nowell J et al. Long covid—mechanisms, risk factors, and management. BMJ 2021; 374 :n1648 doi:10.1136/bmj.n1648
- Silva Andrade B, Siqueira S, de Assis Soares WR et al. Long-COVID and Post-COVID Health Complications: An Up-to-Date Review on Clinical Conditions and Their Possible Molecular Mechanisms. Viruses. 2021 Apr 18;13(4):700. doi: 10.3390/v13040700.
- Shanthanna H, Nelson AM, Kissoon N et al. The COVID-19 pandemic and its consequences for chronic pain: a narrative review. Anaesthesia. 2022 Sep;77(9):1039-1050. doi: 10.1111/anae.15801.