We are looking to recruit a pain trainee to a new position working with the Faculty's Education Meeting Advisors (EMA) to assist in the development and organisation of Faculty events. The role holder will provide valuable advice and perspective on educations and events.
The role will be for 2 years and the role holder will be co-opted to the FPM Professional Standards Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role holder must maintain regular liaison with the two EMAs. This will be informal and also through the Education Co-ordinator, Laura Owen, who co-ordinates these events. The aim is to provide trainee (Pain and Anaesthesia) related inputs the two EMAs who organise the FPM Educational events.
- Maintain regular liaison with any clinicians acting as event organisers for pain training (FPM/elsewhere).
- Building up a network of contacts with the EMAs to present and tutor at FPM events as relevant to pain trainees and also pain training requirements of Anaesthesia trainees
- To attend and contribute to the Professional Standards Committee from the trainee perspective.
- To be a corresponding member of the FPM Training and Assessment Committee and liaise with the Faculty’s trainee representative.
- To provide clinical and educational advice and support to the EMAs to deliver our education programme.
- To aid the two EMA’s to identify topics, speakers and organisers for FPM events from a trainee perspective.
- To review the education programme regularly with EMAs to identify and resolve potential problems with the delivery of the programme e.g. missing speakers.
- To provide advice on the marketing of events for trainees.
- To identify CPD codes for course programmes.
- To identify ways to quality assess and improve existing events.