References & Further Reading
- Brickell, K. L. et al. Ethnic differences in syringomyelia in New Zealand. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry 77, 989–991 (2006).
- Sakushima, K. et al. Nationwide survey on the epidemiology of syringomyelia in Japan. J. Neurol. Sci. 313, 147–152 (2012).
- Milhorat, T. H. Classification of syringomyelia. Neurosurg. Focus 8, 1–6 (2000).
- Bogdanov, E. I. & Mendelevich, E. G. Syrinx size and duration of symptoms predict the pace of progressive myelopathy: retrospective analysis of 103 unoperated cases with craniocervical junction malformations and syringomyelia. Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 104, 90–97 (2002).
- Milhorat, T. H. et al. Dysesthetic pain in patients with syringomyelia. Neurosurgery 38, 940–947 (1996).
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Neuropathic pain in adults: pharmacological management in non-specialist settings. Clinical Guideline [CG173]. Published 20 November 2013.