We are recruiting for a Deputy Education Meetings Advisor (EMA) to organise and develop our events and education programme along with the Lead Education Meetings Advisor and the Trainee Education Meetings Advisor. This role is co-opted to the FPM Professional Standards Committee (FPMPSC)
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please send your CV and personal statement (250 words) to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 31st October 2022.
Those eligible to stand must:
- Hold a substantive post in the NHS
- Be affiliated to the Faculty of Pain Medicine
Terms of service:
The role is appointed to an initial term of three years, with the possible extension of three years.
Liaison and engagement
- The roleholder must maintain regular liaison with the Faculty.
- Maintain regular liaison with the Lead EMA and any clinicians acting as event organisers.
- Building up a network of contacts with the Lead EMA to present and tutor at FPM events.
- To attend and contribute to the FPMPSC.
Courses and events
- To provide clinical and educational advice and support to the FPMPSC, course organisers and the staff of the Faculty to deliver our education programme.
- To identify topics, speakers and organisers for FPM events.
- To review the education programme regularly with the Faculties co-ordinators to identify and resolve potential problems with the delivery of the programme e.g. missing speakers.
- To identify supporting resources for lectures and courses such as, journal articles and e-learning sessions.
- To provide advice on the marketing of events.
- To identify CPD codes for course programmes.
- To identify ways to quality assess and improve existing events.
- In exceptional cases, to be the organiser for Faculty events.
Details of the full roles and responsibilities are detailed in the roles and responsibilities document.
If you have any queries regarding this role please contact Emmy Kato-Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org