FPM Annual Meeting 2022
As well as a useful updates day, this is an opportunity for Pain Medicine doctors to get together with other members of the Faculty and the Faculty Board. The day includes lectures by highly regarded speakers, a Faculty update, trainee publication prize award and the Patrick Wall Lecture followed by the award of the Patrick Wall medal.
- 09:00 Welcome and Introduction
- 09:10 Current challenges and opportunities for Pain Medicine in the UK | Dr Cathy Stannard
- 09:35 Evolution in interventional management of low back pain: A vision for future | Dr Ganesan Baranidharan
- 10:00 Fibromyalgia management – Do pain clinics need to evolve to manage Fibromyalgia? What is the future direction? | Dr Andreas Goebel
- 10:25 Discussion
- 11:00 Break
- 11:20 Faculty Developments and Award Presentations | Dr Lorraine de Gray, FPM Dean
- 12:00 Patrick Wall Lecture: 'Pain management between Middlesbrough and Morges' | Professor Sam Eldabe
- 12:45 Trainee Poster Competition Winner Presentation | TBC
- 13:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 ICD 11 Pain Classification: Chronic Primary Pain definition; is
there a problem? | Dr Raj Munglani
- 14:20 Is it time to stop using NSAID in Acute Low back pain? | Dr Mick Serpell
- 14:50 Pro and Con debate -Are Interdisciplinary pain management
programmes evidence based? |For: Dr Lars Williams | Against: Dr Arun Bhaskar
- 15:40 Botox injection for chronic migraine and CGRP antibody
therapy for episodic migraine | Dr Giorgio Lambru, Neurologist, London
- 16:00 Discussion
- 16:30 End of meeting
Member: £210 (£157.50 early bird)
Trainee/MTI: £157.50 (£118.50 early bird)
Nurse: £125 (£94 early bird)
Student: £87.50 (£65.50 early bird)
Early Bird offer: Save 25% was applicable when booking before 15 September.
Trainee essay prize: Reinventing Pain Medicine - the Challenges and Opportunities
We are inviting trainee abstract submissions for the upcoming annual meeting. The abstracts will be judged by the Faculty’s Educational Meetings Advisors, with the winner being invited for a 15 minute oral presentation of their work at the meeting. The winner will get free entry to the meeting along with reasonable travel expenses covered.
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 September 2022
Abstract Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be notified by 20 October 2022
* Please note that programme and timings are subject to change *